Saturday, June 07, 2008

Reading

This is a scene that I rarely witness with my kids. They are all good readers, but I don't catch them reading very often. However, sometimes they get hooked on a really good book or series. Jared (8) has recently started reading Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" series. There are 13 books and each book is about 300 pages. I took him to the library to get two of the books he hadn't read yet, and before a day had gone by, he had read them both! So I went back to the library and told the librarian this, and she sent me home with all of these so I can try to keep him occupied with reading this summer.

These are all rather large books and I am glad he's taken more of an interest in reading. I just hope I can keep him interested after he's finished this particular series. Any tips on how to do that? It's a constant struggle around here. I think Nicole has read the Harry Potter series and the Twilight series about four times each. It will be a miracle if I find something else she's interested in.

No comments: