Sunday, June 08, 2008

Hello Folks

I thought I would make a simple entry. Laura has graciously allowed me to write on this post. I know she wanted this to be her area, but I talked her into it. So...with a promise to spell check everything, and to not be too crazy, I am posting my first entry.

I thought that I would simply give you a link. I think it is the coolest link on the web. I have hit this website, almost daily for at least 6 years. It is Astronomy Picture of the Day. With it, I get all the cool pics from the probes on Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, as well as info on cool pictures from telescopes around the world. I am the most novice of all back yard astronomers, but I like to keep track of where the planets are in the sky... Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars especially.

This is a picture of Saturn blocking the sun. How cool is that!?

Anyway...Just wanted to say "Hi.."

No comments: